The purpose of the Hands & Feet Team is to help lead the congregation in making alive the biblical mandate to be in mission for God at home and around the world. To achieve this purpose, the Hands and Feet Team will:
- Promote a servant’s heart and spirit among the congregation based on Micah 6:8 (He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To do what is right and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.) and Ephesians 2:10 (For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.).
- Explore, plan, stimulate, coordinate, and supervise a ministry of volunteers in the area of social concerns in this congregation and the community. Areas of concern include housing (Habitat for Humanity), food (The Pack Shack, Feed My Starving Children, and Holiday Food Basket programs), women (Dress For Success), children (Angel Tree and Toy Drive), and other social concerns as brought forward and approved by the Core Team.
- Work to determine unmet human needs, both within the congregation and the community and devise ways to attempt to meet those needs including purposeful financial planning for service and mission outreach in the annual budget process.
- Educate the members of the congregation on the issues which concern our congregation, community, nation, and world, and the bearing of our Christian faith and the mission of The Neighborhood Church in response to these issues. (Dear children, let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth. 1 John 3:18)
- Encourage members of the congregation to become actively involved to support and participate in service events and activities.
- Cooperate with other churches, organizations, and community agencies in their study, service, and action as they relate to social concerns.